Want to get some free memory improvement tips ? You are at the right place. Here you will learn ,How to improve memory. Whenever you will ask someone to help with how they can memorize things for a longer time. The standard reply will come and that will be to repeat things as much as you can. People like to joke that the only thing you really “learn” in school is how to memorize. As it turns out, that’s not even the case for most of us. That is so far from the truth, it’s running for office. If you want to memorize something quickly and thoroughly, repetition won’t cut it; however, recalling something will. The problem is that recalling something requires learning, and we all learn in different ways. Following are the ways in which you can probably help yourself and your brain to memorize each single thing you learn: Here's our easy memory improvement tips
1. Chunking: Chunking basically means cutting down words as much as you can. When a big thing is divided into the small things with which they are composed of, we tend to memorize them. This is the reason we have categories for different things and that’s how we learn and give them a space in our head. For example, if we write a ten digit number in a different manner, we can memorize it quickly and it will be in your head when the phone battery dies. For instance, the White House phone number, (202) 456-1111 is easier to remember as three numbers - 202, 456 and 1111 - than it is to remember as a single complex number, 2,024,561,111.
2. Practice: Practice no doubts makes everyone perfect. Once you get to know about a new concept or new theory, practically imply it and practice. That’s one way to keep things in mind for a longer time.
3. Association. This way of memorizing is the best way across. Whatever you want to memorize, associate with your daily life and you will never ever forget it. When we associate things as per our life, no pressure is required. It will not even feel like a task. This is the way to make memorizing easier and it will eventually become fun. The fun loving game of attaching things and it gets embedded in your head automatically. The associative method is very powerful, especially if you have a strong imagination. Throughout history, people have used some variation on the associative method (like imagining walking through mental houses, looking around an imaginary room or flipping through
4. Write down everything: Before you start trying to recall everything from memory, write and re-write the information. This will help you become more familiar with what you’re trying to memorize. Doing this while listening to your tape recorder can also help you retain a lot of the data. This is most useful for experiential learners.
5. Teach someone: The most effective method school is to find a student and teach the information to someone else. This can be done in a variety of ways. You can lecture the knowledge to someone sitting right in front of you (or the mirror, if you can’t convince anyone to sit through it) and explain everything extemporaneously.
To learn more about how to improve your memory and our other memory improvement tips, read our other articles.
Originally posted 2016-04-23 17:14:56.